Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I passed Stats!!!

Wahoo!!! I can’t even begin to describe the relief I feel. My hands were shaking as I logged into the portal to check my grades. I have never been this nervous of a grade since I wrote my accounting entrance exams. Two people did fail the course, and I feel so bad for them.

It is in a crisis that you realize who your friends are and just how good the school you attend is. When I told people I was scared of failing, only one person took me seriously. Everyone just told me that they would never fail anyone. I am really glad I never took it for granted that I was going to pass just because I got into MBA school.

Over the last two months, I really wondered if I was going to pass stats, and contacted the prof. I even contacted the Program Services offices (the place mba students go to for everything). I expected them to laugh at me, and was surprised how supportive they were. They even offered to set me up with a one-on-one tutor (which I didn’t take them up on, as I had gone to the tutorials). They even followed up after our conversation. I was very impressed!

This whole episode will go down as one of those stories that didn’t kill me but taught me to believe in myself. As one of my friends said well, this is the only course I have actually had to study for, and I guess that’s true. It’s the only course, where I have actually read the entire textbook. Business to me is second nature, so worrying about mba school had never been an issue. Cocky? Perhaps. This whole experience has been humbling. I have newfound respect and admiration for the people who are learning business for the first time. I understand now how terrifying it can be.

Needless to say I called members of my urban family for an impromptu drink session to celebrate! It’s a couple beers later, and I am on a definite high from passing stats, and slightly buzzed.... I now have to go and prepare for my Eco group meeting tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! But you I can't believe your urban family only got a passing mention ;)

Bridget Jones said...

Anon - Did you really want me to blog about what was being discussed last night?? LOL!!!

That being said, thank you for being on stand by should the results have been different. :)

Anonymous said...

Humph....u.family always on stand by.

Apparently Anon...our conversation was too racy for our Bridget to share with others. ;)

Now Bridget, buckle down and get an A! Lizzie will come by and breath fire down your neck if you need it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me to your stats celebration and congrats, I was nervous myself about the stats exam by golly there is a God! Well now you know how i feel about all the business courses i am doing for the first time. perhaps i need to be 'whipped' into shape. Somehow I keep on hearing 'chop chop' ringing in my ears... sigh

V