Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturation

I am sitting here trying to work on my Options & Futures assignment when I realize I can’t actually remember how to calculate continuous compounding without looking at the text, although the prof has been talking about it for 6 weeks now. I think it might be important.

I’m starting to wonder if any concepts, theories and models are sinking in or just visiting my brain for brief interludes between classes and exam writing. This year has been flying by so quickly that I can’t even seem to remember what we learned from one semester to the next. I know I always say that a lot of the first year of mba school has been review, but there have been a ton of things I have learned along the way.

The other day I was sitting in the pub talking with my group about our marketing project (which involves a pub) and they asked me about the Foundations of Integrative Thinking course, and I was amazed that I remembered some of the core concepts in that class. I have to say it pleased me a bit, as of late, I have been wondering if the decision to fast track has been a smart choice. Not because of the job market, more because of the fact that everything is happening so fast, and retention and sanity are just two of my many worries. Our marketing prof makes us recap our insights every class. I think it’s a smart idea. It reinforces core concepts, and forces you to pay attention. I better go and look up that continuous compounding formula now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so did you end up switching to full time MBA status ?

Unknown said...

Blogger your share vary well information with us. Please Start your blog one's again. Looking for Management Study kindly visit Managementparadise.com where you can find all MBA, Online MBA, B-school stuff.