Friday, November 21, 2008

Procrastinating....

Have been buried under a ton of work for the last couple weeks. I have so much to relay too... This post is going to be a muddle of thoughts..

Anon, Yes, I am in the full time program, however I still have a full time job. I’m not actually sure how I’m going to achieve graduating in 2009, but somehow I’m going to manage it... This semester, I only loaded up on 1 extra course, however next semester I will have three extra courses. I will be taking a day off every week for 3 months. I think it will give me some sanity.

London: I had the opportunity in October to go to a Rotman networking event in London. Rotman was having a credit crunch seminar that my Options prof was giving. Funnily enough, I met a couple people who worked/still work at my present employer! It was a blast, although the timing couldn’t have been worse. We didn’t have too many meetings set up, however the highlight of the meeting was going to Canada House in Trafalgar Square and meeting with the finance counsellor. That’s a nice piece of prime real estate that the Canadian govt has. I felt so energized by that city. I still have London on my mind...

Ops Mgmt – We have an exam in this course, and I barely understand what I have to know for the final exam. I still have to buy the textbook. We had to do a Ops Mgmt simulation game, and that was a lot of fun!! We were addicted to Littlefield for a while.

Managing Customer Value (aka – Marketing) – One of the most fun courses. Being an ad junkie, I loved the commercials he showed in class. We have a 10 page single spaced (yes, single space) brand audit report due on Tuesday. This is going to be one of the toughest papers to write, as it requires a lot of THINKING.

Options & Futures – This also requires a lot of thinking... surprisingly. My average in this course is very bad compared to the majority of Masters of Fin Economics students that are in the class. They aren’t helpful and I’ve had to fend for myself in this course. Note: You need friends in electives. I tried to make some..I really did. However, I think they realized that I wasn’t going to be of any use to them...I found a better plan. I went straight to the prof, and requested help. Fingers crossed I do well in the last assignment and in the final.

Your bonus is your job. That’s a line I read in an article recently, and I couldn’t agree more. At this point, not quitting my job seems like I had foresight. Really, I didn’t. I was just trying to avoid a manic money anxiety attack.. Y’know the one I’m talking about. The one where the debt keeps piling up, and there isn’t any money coming in.. Yea, that. I got lucky.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blogger your share vary well information with us. Please Start your blog one's again. Looking for Management Study kindly visit Managementparadise.com where you can find all MBA, Online MBA, B-school stuff.