Monday, October 8, 2007

Advertising does work…

Have any of you seen the new Sun Life commercial featuring the song ‘Ordinary Miracle’ by Sarah McLachlan?

The very first time I saw the commercial, I was hooked. I recognized the song and the voice, but didn’t know the name of the song. I did remember the commercial and the fact that it was for Sun life.

Its brilliant advertising on their part: timing the feel good ad with Thanksgiving. I have been following Sun Life’s stock for a while, and it makes me want to buy the stock even more now!

It also ties to my current state of mind. I have decided to stop aspiring for a while, and just be. I am just going to enjoy mba school and not worry about missed opportunities, the post mba career, the massive debt on graduation, or whether I am in the right job currently.

I feel quite calm and at peace with all the areas in my life. I realized that you can’t rush anything in life. It’s okay to take a side seat and just enjoy the view. It doesn’t mean I don’t have future plans, but once in a while it’s good to follow the ‘just be’ philosophy, instead of ‘just do it’ one.

It’s a wonderful feeling when you reach this zen like state. Nothing anyone says can alter it. Let’s see how long it lasts! ;) lol.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi B.J.,
Re: the Sun Life commercial with 'Ordinary Miracle': that's not Sarah McLachlan singing, is it? It just doesn't sound like her to me. Do you know much more about this? In any case, it's a great version and a great voice; it would be great to know who it is, if it's not S.M.
Fun blog.
R

Unknown said...

FYI: I found out that it's a jazz singer named Emilie-Claire Barlow.
http://emilieclaire.blogspot.com/

best,
R

Bridget Jones said...

Hi Robbie. You beat me to the punch! thanks for the info.. her voice really does sound like Sarah's.. on the commercial anyway...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.