Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hello?

I don’t even know where to begin....Life has just been hurtling past in all directions.

For the last couple weeks I have been trying to stay afloat through stats, and I think I am going to be okay for the final. We have our management accounting final exam next Thursday, and since I have barely opened the textbook, this weekend is going to be accounting 24/7. Today we got back our accounting group assignment. We did alright, but we didn’t get the top mark. I personally don’t care about grades that much, however being a management accountant, I did feel a bit miffed. Considering all our numbers were right, and the only comment we got was ‘well done’. I did find out that the group that got the top mark did it last minute, the day before. ..people like that make me feel dumb..lol!

Onto more interesting things.. I signed up for a Rotman wide investment challenge. The challenge is to manage $30 million over five months, for a client of our choice. It is quite exciting; however it is a lot of work. We have to decide who our client is first, how we want to invest, devise a risk management strategy, and finally and most importantly decide what we are going to invest in.. That’s the fun part – picking stocks! After five months of monitoring and strategizing, we present our investment strategy. Interestingly, 40% of the mark will be based on our presentation and our defence of our chosen strategy. Only 10% of the mark is based on our portfolio’s return.

And if that isn’t enough to keep me busy, my little film project is finally taking off. I have been very quiet about it, but now that it seems a reality, I feel a bit comfortable sharing. The script is done, the director is in, and the lead actress is in. The filming schedule is set. The lighting, camera, sound, location.. its all coming together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright... stop sharing the secret to my group's success please. :-)
And more info on this movie.... tres exciting! You developed the script?

Bridget Jones said...

ms - yes, I wrote the script. will fill you in offline.

Anonymous said...

i wanna star in your movie!!

btw lets put the entire 30 mil in chinese stocks.. oh and i need help in mgt accounting... solutions please or am i black listed?

V

Bridget Jones said...

V...umm... i'm always looking for extras.. haha...$30 million in chinese stocks.. sure why not? you can give the presentation then.