Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And then there were two.... or three?

Wow, what a day. I am so knackered from the drama of this morning. It seems to have surpassed the exhaustion of the past month.

Today was Investment Challenge day. Now, it’s not what you think.. No, we glided through our presentation, and the judges didn’t ream us. We didn’t make it to the second round, however I was very relieved to just go home, and relax. This is a breakdown of the hours that aged me...

9:30 AM : Our presenter calls me to tell me that he’s sick and can’t present. My response was you are kidding right? Apparently, he wasn’t.

9:40 AM : Frantic phone call to only other surviving member of our group. I am at a loss for words. I am in panic mode. He suggests we go ahead with it. We will just wait for the sick presenter to forward his speaker notes, and add our own notes.

We started this competition in Nov, with 5 team members. About a month into the competition, one dropped out . (The IC dropout even won free Stalla CFA seminar notes today, and he wasn’t even there!) Last week, another member said that he couldn’t be there on presentation day as he had work commitments.

9:50 AM : Crisis support call to biggest supporter (aka mom) who also suggests that yes, we can prepare in less than three hours.

11:30 AM : Get to school. Nerves are in total overdrive having drunk 4 cups of coffee. Team member and I go over our notes. Surmise that no one will know if we bomb the presentation. Find consolation in this.

12:00 PM Sick presenter calls saying he can make it. Yes, you read right.

12:40 PM Sick presenter arrives.

1:00 PM We present.

1:15 PM It’s all over.

2:30 PM We find out that we didn’t make it to the second round. The 4 cups of coffee is still wreaking havoc on my nerves.

3:00 PM Subway ride home with sick presenter. I am told, that I should relax more. Nearly whacked him over the head, but I restrained myself as there would have been witnesses.

Lessons learned: Always have more than one presenter. Even if you don’t show up, you might win a prize.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa u were gonna wack me over the head? well as we island people would say "u need to chillax, everything would be irrie mon."

V

Anonymous said...

BrrrrrriiiiiiidGET!

You should always rely on yourself!!!! OH HO! YES!!!

Learn to present for yourself next time. AND...NEVER EVER drink 4 CUPS of coffee AGAIN...tsk tsk, you should know better than that.
*sigh* this discussion will continue.....be prepared.

~Lizzie Bennett