Sunday, March 16, 2008

It was just a matter of time..

Before I was called upon in class and looked like an idiot... At least I didn’t say I don’t know.. The irony of it was the question was on Conrad Black. My award winning answer was something to the effect about the ‘class already took my answers’ .... and then I had to repeat what I said because the prof didn’t hear me. For someone who likes flying under the radar, and hates being put on the spot, this didn’t go down well. Well, at last I have learned to always have my name tag...being put on the spot by being called ‘you in the red’ only added to my embarrassment. There was a lengthy debate later that night on whether the Socratic method of calling upon you in class has merit.

Moving on. ..It has been a crazy two weeks and there is no slowdown in sight. The next few weeks are going to be tough. We have something due every week in March! Papers due constantly and all of them require a lot of ‘what do you think?’ I’ll take number crunching and an excel spreadsheet over that any day. As much as I hate writing these papers, and find them cumbersome, I do think this is where I personally get the most value out of the mba. With the exception of stats, and b law, I have coasted through most of the courses. These ‘soft’ courses are a lot more work than any of us thought. It does make me think in a different way, and takes me out of my comfort zone intellectually.

The investment challenge presentation is creeping up on us. In the last two months, our excitement has faded now that we are losing money. . It’s going to be a mad dash in the next two weeks to get up to speed on all the company and market news.

I better go and work on my ethics reaction paper. I am writing on none other than Conrad Black... it’s a good thing I blogged about him earlier, as I am using some of it in my paper...

Oh and one last note: I, along with everyone else have been fascinated with the Spitzer story. I know you probably have read everything there is to read about it.. for goodness sake People and ET are reporting on it too! So, I decided not to comment on it, but I wanted to share this ad by Virgin mobile canada with you. I think it is just brilliant marketing, and in line with Virgin's marketing strategy!

No comments: