Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Another semester done!

Well nearly done. I have the Macro economics final tomorrow, and it should go well. I’ve been in the MBA program for 8 months now, and it has gone by so quickly. Can’t believe it.

This last semester has been intense. They overloaded us on the courses, and there were a whirlwind of activities at school, of which I only attended a handful. Just reading the emails and the portal updates on school activities took up so much valuable (work) time. Juggling a full time job, and school has been tough. Having worked and studied constantly for longer than I care to remember, I feel that the MBA is a lot more work than any of the previous courses I’ve taken. I think it’s the twice-a-week classes combined with the extra-curricular. There were tons of speaker and workshop events that I would have loved to attend but it meant taking a day off work or leaving work early, and when you take vacation days just to finish assignments or study for an exam, you’d like to keep a few vacation days for an actual vacation! And then there were the ‘extra-curricular’ competitions. The Investment challenge kept me busy. We met with our Investment mentor about a week ago. He told us that he was impressed with our portfolio, as we had made 5% in 3 weeks. Good thing, we didn’t meet up with him this week, the market downturn wiped out our gains! I also signed up for the Loreal Strategy challenge. Unfortunately my group got booted out in the first round. A bit disheartening, but there is always next year! There were a lot of social events in school as well. I’ve barely been out with the school crowd. It has been hard trying to manage all of it.

Alright, enough complaining on my part! Next semester is going to be better. It’s a lighter load. We have Foundations of Integrative Thinking, and because the semester was so light I signed up for Business Law. Yes, I am a glutton for more school work.
They switch our group members next semester, and we are having another team building event in Jan. Considering we already know our classmates, we aren’t sure why they are doing this. However, there are a few people in class that aren’t too friendly, and part of me has the urge to walk over to a certain person and say ‘Hello, I don’t think we’ve met!’ :) It should be fun though as they are holding it in the ghastly crystal structure, otherwise known as the ROM(Royal Ontario Museum).

We get a month off school! I will be sleeping A LOT, and I hope to get in some reading.. those books from the summer are still waiting to be read. The film production schedule might be pushed back a week or two as I am now working on the second draft of the script (it came back with ‘suggestions’). Fortunately, everyone involved with the film is very patient, and keeps volunteering their help! Phew! Okay must stop procrastinating and start studying...Merry Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I apologize about not saying hello to you... I'm such a snob. As you can tell.... still procrastinating the morning of the exam....

Bridget Jones said...

Shite! This is what happens when you write about people who read your blog.....lol!

Anonymous said...

lol i remember when i said 'hello' to you... need i continue...
so i heard rumors that i will be in your new group next semester!

Happy Holidays

V

Bridget Jones said...

V - can you handle hearing 'chop-chop' over and over and over....
lol!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've tried skyping you...email me at my yahoo address if you know it. lizzie b

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Can you give me a call via Skype? Am online.
Lizzie

Bridget Jones said...

Lizzie, will be in and out of the house today. Will be in touch later. We MUST exchange non-work email addies!