Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bizarre Assignment questions

One of the questions in our second macroeconomic assignment asks us to discuss why Macroeconomics is useful in business in a three page memo. I’ve done a fair bit of research, and realize now that I have to really think about this one. There is no book, article (besides the one he recommended) that magically sums any of it. Thank goodness, I didn’t have to write a three page memo on how statistics is an integral part of the mba program...

We’ve come to realize that the prof doesn’t teach in class. Alright, he teaches some theory, but he talks a lot about general business/economic news. This is all good, however there are certain theories that you need to understand to connect all the dots. I guess this is why they call it grad school.. Independent study and thought is imperative!

However, he is still entertaining... He showed us this video spoof that Columbia MBA students made when Ben Bernake was appointed Fed chairman instead of the Columbia dean. I laughed so hard in class. I looked online for some other ones, and some are really quite funny....

No comments: